$125 per person
(Guaranteed sighting of whales or money back)
Gold Coast Whale Watching on Your very own PRIVATE Skippered Yacht sailing with massive Humpbacks whales
Contact Us here for a booking or phone Darryl: 0438 453 769
Why are we the best whale watching tour for your Gold Coast whale watching experience.
1. No crowds just your private group! Everybody has a perfect view.
2. Twice as long with the whales as the other tours.
We stay out on the water with the whales while the other companies drive back to pick up the next group.
3. BYO food and drink so no extra costs.
4. Enjoy the silence of sailing over the pacific ocean with the humpback whales.
5. Our hydrophone allowing us to listen live to the chatter between the whales.
6. Our vessel allows you the closest viewing to these massive mammals. We are the only private whale watching charter on the Gold Coast.
7. We are the only Sailing vessel conducting Whale Watching on the Gold coast
While under sail with the our Whales and Sails cruise you are taken on a private Gold Coast whale watching tour, with just your party of guests (7 max) and your skipper cruising the Coral Sea. On the ocean in front of the Gold Coast we listen live to the whale song and watch their charismatic nature on board your private skippered yacht. The Gold Coast is a fantastic place to watch Humpback and Southern Right whales as they migrate along the "Humpback Highway" between the cold Antarctic waters on the way to the warm waters of the Great Barrier Reef and return, what better way to see them than under the power of mother nature sailing silently through the ocean. This migration occurs between May and early November. We have a 100% success rate for finding whales so you can watch their aerobatic breaching, playful spyhopping and territorial tail slapping. This all happens only 45 minutes from Brisbane. The 2017 Gold Coast whale watching season is now only weeks away (it starts June 2017). It is not uncommon to sight more than 20 humpback whales during your time on board the yacht. This season, I am looking forward to the "muggings" by the humpbacks, this is where the animal swims alongside the vessel and dances around showing off to our guests on board. One of our whales stayed with us for 2 hours and at times the whale was within meters of the vessel. It is an amazing experience to share with family and friends so come and join us for a memory of a lifetime.
Your best Gold Coast Whale Watching Camera Settings.
A camera on one of these Gold Coast whale watching tours is a great idea and we often see dolphins and sea turtles as well Humpbacks. There are many fantastic photography moments to be captured. I have found a zoom lens around 200mm or even 300mm is best for the closeup shot. I would set the ISO to 640, put the camera on shutter priority and a shutter speed of at least 1/800 sec, have the frame rate on continuous and high, and if you have a polarizing filter for the front of your lens you achieve the best results. By marine law we are not to be closer than 100 meters from a whale although they are inquisitive animals and will often come along side the yacht. If you wish to be viewing these magnificent creatures in their own environment on a very personal Gold Coast Whale Watching tour please call 0438 453 769.
Our location for you Gold Coast Whale Watching Tour is:
Runaway Bay Marina. Gate D
247 Bayview street Runaway Bay
You can look us up on Google Maps for help finding us.
Gold Coast Whale Watching
- tour cost $125 per person with a minimum charge of $500 per charter (ie. 4 Guests)
So gather a group of 4 or more together for an unforgettable day with the humpbacks. You are welcome to pay the minimum charge if you wish to have the vessel and skipper for a couple or even alone with myself and the humpbacks. I have taken many photographers out on their own for a wonderful day of wildlife photography.
- Depart Runaway Bay Marina at a time that suit you (8am depature is best)
- This charter is conducted in ocean conditions. Please read the Frequently asked Questions and Answers
- BYO lunch and drinks
- Our phone number again 0438 453 769 we look forward to showing you an experience of a lifetime.
- This whale watching charter is not suitable for children under the age of 12 due to the length of time on the water and the chance of sea sickness.
What to Bring: Hat, sunscreen, easy eat food, warm clothing, sun glasses and a camera, BYO food and Drinks
Besides doing Gold Coast Whale Watching tours Getaway Sailing on the Gold Coast also offers smooth water packages. These are champagne sailing tours with smooth waters and ocean sea breezes. The packages range from Hens Parties, Family trips, a day out with friends, photography cruises, twilight tours, pamper packages or any occasion we can tailor for you.